Sepia2.gif

SIMS 3 : My Sims Painting Own Picture (Easy Tutorial Given)

12/11/2017 05:14:00 PM wawalicious小歪 0 Comments


Finally my sims was painting my own "creation" in the game. I'm quite surprise that I could manage to get it done by following brilliant PLUM's tutorial! So you want to get it done too? Just continue to read my humble post! 

Of course I believe there is still people like me who still playing SIMS 3 now instead of 4, well I do have 4 install in my laptop and I still prefer SIMS 3...maybe someday I'll get addicted to 4, who knows.

I love to create sims with artistic trait, just like a starving artist trying to earn more simoleans using his/her own creativity. I really don't care what they are painting at first, I mean when they don't have any painting skill, I would expecting less, I rather enjoy the outcome positively. 

When the skill getting higher, like level 6 or master level 10. They are still painting something which I do not expect and even earned the title of "masterpiece." Just a quick understanding through screenshots below, I discovered artistic SIMS more likely to paint (watercolors/oil painting) something dramatic and also contain more interesting colors and subjects than other traits. Of course some I would not say it was dramatic instead of imagined subjects.  

A quick glimpse for better understanding, different levels and sizes paint different paintings. I would expect SIMS who master level 10 to paint more fine art instead of imagined scene from dreams/daydreams/cartoonized...etc. you may see the examples which I labeled in the screenshots below:




I'm impressed with the base game artworks actually, it required so much effort for EA team to get em all into the game. there is few or more pictures I really enjoyed my artistic traits sims to paint, mostly in large painting.
a fashion silhouette in level 7 large painting  

Sweet jolly hut under the moon in level 0 large painting 

Lighthouse in level 10 large painting 

Fruits and vegetables on table in level 10 large painting

A lotus in level 7 medium painting

A beautiful scenery in level 8 large painting
Unlike SIMS 2, players not able to drag anything they want their sims to draw inside a folder and now things just got complicated. Luckily amazing people created amazing mods, with mods from brilliant PLUM, we are able to make our SIMS painter career/life much more easier(in term of paint own pictures), and now I share my own modification and also tested in game.

Start with this really cute "imaginary girlfriend" from default game.

Artistic/Painting/Creativity level required : 0
Painting : Small
DEFAULT GAME SMALL PAINTING

and replaced by my replacement which modified from original picture by PLUM


PLUM'S REPLACEMENT

Apparently I'm totally new to GIMP and DDS format, I just modify by adding portrait and stickers using MEITU editing software. I knew it doesn't look like a level 0 painting at all...anyhow it was just a tester for this tutorial, just move on xD 


VALERIE'S REPLACEMENT WITH MODIFICATION FROM PLUM'S REPLACEMENT
Here are some screenshots! I felt so happy to see this outcome! 

However, I accidentally stamp the Eiffel tower over the boundaries, (It can't showed up all in game) just resize your own pictures or images follow the default painting borders and you'll get the perfect painting in game. Thanks the brilliant MODS! Now I can allow my sims to paint any pictures I want and of course you have to go along with their traits. Remember, different traits come with different paintings.


And I knew paintings don't hang out outside the house, at this tutorial yes it did. LOL.




Here comes the tutorial and tips! 

1. Have SIMS 3 properly installed
2. Download the Plum's Painting Replacement Mod (click to link)
*you can browse the gallery of replacement and default 
3. Put the downloaded mods into MODS folder
*If you are beginner and totally don't know what to do with the MODS folder, google the answer! 
4. Have a cup of coffee and enjoy the game with replacement paintings by Plum!

When you want to make things gone a little complicated like me, you want to make your own creation, here's the tips!

1. How to customize this mod? (click to link)
2. Softwares I used (ALL FREE) : GIMP+DDS plugin, Meitu, s3pe. 
3. Share your creation out and her amazing work to the world. Spread the love ♥ 


Share my post if you found it useful, if you have any comments/questions for the modifications/mods, drop me a comment and I'll try to answer if I know the answer! 

Thank you and happy simming ♥ 

0 comments: